With Topics, you can group many similar pieces of feedback (i.e., User Needs) into single, trackable items the help your team better identify, track, measure, and prioritize what matters most to your users.
Create a Topic from the Topics page
1. In Parlor, navigate to User Needs > All Topics or User Needs > Workspace > Topics
2. In the upper right, click the Add Topic.
3. When the Topic record displays, give your Topic a name. Below the Topic name in the left column, enter your Topic details. The following fields are required by default:
- Topic name: provide a brief description for the Topic.
- Workspace: If you have multiple Workspaces in Parlor, you must assign this Topic to a specific Workspace.
4. To convert a Topic into a Subtopic, click the Choose a Parent Topic option and choose from a list of other Topics to set as the parent. The parent Topic must live within the same Workspaces as the newly created Subtopic.
5. The other, optional fields on a Topic provide more context into
- Themes: create a cross-Topic and cross-workspace association.
- Status: assign a status to communicate the stage of the Topic.
- Type: assign a type to classify that signals how the Topic should be handled, what it's related to, and who should be responsible (i.e., feature / enhancement).
- Owner: assign a member from your organization who will be responsible for this Topic.
- Jira Issue: assign the Jira issue (or Epic) that's related to this Topic. Visit our Jira Integration to learn how to integrate Parlor with Jira.