In Parlor, individual pieces of feedback are referred to as User Needs. Outstanding user needs can block every major atomic unit in the business – sales opportunities, contract renewals/upsells, product engagement, and customer sentiment. Every team cares about users needs; it's one of the few things we can align an entire company around.
With User Needs in Parlor, you can capture all Needs into one system, analyze their business impact, and automatically close the loop with users when their needs are addressed.
Create a Need from the User Needs page
1. In your Parlor account, navigate to User Needs.
2. In the upper left, click Add a Need or Artifact and click User Need.
3. Within the modal, enter the details of your user's Need. The following fields are required by default:
- Description: provide as much information to describe the details of your user's need; what are they requesting be fixed, built, or improved, or what is the insight they are providing to your team.
- Workspace: assign this Topic to a specific Workspace if you have multiple Workspaces within Parlor.
4. To associate a user or account with the Need, click the Add User or Account option, then search for the user or account.
5. To add how urgent the Need is to the user or account, click Choose Urgency and select from the following options: Nice to Have, Need to Have, Urgent.
6. Clicking the Show Additional Options section presents you additional options to add to the Need:
- Type: signals how a Need should be handled, what it’s related to, and who should be responsible.
- Topic: assign a Topic, which groups many similar Needs into a single, trackable item.
- Theme: assign a Theme that enables you to quickly centralize all customer feedback related to specific projects or experience.