Parlor's Dynamics 365 integration connects to data stored within Dynamics 365, enabling you to understand your users, accounts, and the business impact of their needs. Through the integration, Parlor can sync the following data between Dynamics 365 and Parlor:
- Accounts - Sync and import Dynamics 365 Accounts as Accounts in Parlor.
- Opportunities - Sync and import Dynamics 365 Opportunities as Opportunities in Parlor.
- Contacts - Sync and import Dynamics 365 Contacts as Users in Parlor.
In this Article:
- Authorize your Dynamics 365 Integration
- Adding multiple Dynamics 365 instances
- Creating Parlor accounts from Dynamics 365 data
- Creating Parlor users from Dynamics 365 data
Authorize your Dynamics 365 Integration
To grant Parlor permission to your organization's CRM data, you'll need your Dynamics 365 System Admin to authenticate the integration through Parlor by using their account credentials.
1. Authenticate Dynamics 365 by navigating to Organization Settings > Integrations. Locate the Dynamics 365 card and click Manage Integration.
2. Within the Dynamics 365 page, click Authenticate Dynamics 365. When a new window appears, click the dropdown arrow and click Add a new account.
3. Provide a name for your authentication or use the pre-filled name. If you plan on authenticating multiple CRM instances, you can specify that authentication here with a specific name. Scroll within the window until you find 'Microsoft Dynamics 365' URL field. Input your Dynamics URL within the field. The URL must include the 'https://' and nothing after '.com' (e.g., https://example.onmicrosoft.com)
4. Enter your Dynamics 365 System Admin credentials when the new pop-up window appears. Once you've successfully logged in with your System Admin credentials, the window will close. Select 'Finish' and then enable the Dynamics 365 integration by clicking the toggle.
Adding multiple Dynamics 365 instances
If you have multiple Dynamics 365 instances you want to authenticate, click Add Additional Integration. When the 'Dynamics 365 authentication' window appears, hover over the previously named authentication with your mouse, and then click the pencil icon. Once the new window appears, follow the same steps above.
Creating Parlor accounts from Dynamics 365 data
Depending on your needs in Parlor, you can tailor which accounts between your CRM and Parlor are synced. You'll have the following options when determining which accounts Parlor imports:
- Import all accounts.
- Import a subsection of accounts that match a set of criteria you define based on account or opportunity properties in Dynamics 365.
- Do not import accounts.
When importing accounts, Parlor will check if any matching account exists – by Account Name or external ID – to prevent duplicate accounts.
Creating Parlor users from Dynamics 365 data
Similar to accounts, you can choose which contacts to sync from Dynamics 365 to create users in Parlor:
- Import all users.
- Import all users from accounts that you sync.
- Import specific users that meet certain criteria based on CRM contact properties.
- Do not import users.
When importing users, Parlor will check to see if any matching user exists – either by email or external ID – to prevent duplicates.