The Parlor-Salesforce integration enables you to seamlessly sync data between Parlor and Salesforce, enabling you to understand your users, accounts, and the business impact of their needs.
In this Article:
- Authorize your Salesforce Integration
- Adding multiple Salesforce instances
- Creating Parlor accounts from Salesforce data
- Creating Parlor users from Salesforce data
Authorize your Salesforce Integration
To grant Parlor permission to your organization's CRM data, you'll need your Salesforce System Admin to authenticate the integration through Parlor by using their account credentials.
1. In your Parlor account, click the Organization Settings > Integrations. Locate the Salesforce card and click 'Set upIntegration'.
2. Within the Salesforce page, click Authenticate Salesforce.
When a new window appears, click New authentication and select Add a new account. Provide a name for your authentication or use the pre-filled name. If you plan on authenticating multiple CRM instances, you can specify that authentication here with a specific name. Ensure the Salesforce instance type is 'Production' and click Create.
4. Enter your Salesforce System Admin credentials when the new pop-up window appears. Once you've successfully logged in with your System Admin credentials, the window will close. Select 'Finish' and then enable the Salesforce integration by clicking the toggle.
Adding multiple Salesforce instances
If you have multiple Salesforce instances you want to authenticate, click 'Add Additional Integration'. When the 'Salesforce authentication' window appears, hover over the 'Example Salesforce account' with your mouse, and then click the pencil icon. Once the new window appears, follow the same steps above.
Creating Parlor accounts from Salesforce data
Depending on your needs in Parlor, you can tailor which accounts between your CRM and Parlor are synced. You'll have the following options when determining which accounts Parlor imports:
- Import all accounts.
- Import a subsection of accounts that match a set of criteria you define based on account or opportunity properties in Salesforce.
- Do not import accounts.
When importing accounts, Parlor will check if any matching account exists – by Account Name or external ID – to prevent duplicate accounts.
Creating Parlor users from Salesforce data
Similar to accounts, you can choose which contacts to sync from Salesforce to create users in Parlor:
- Import all users.
- Import all users from accounts that you sync.
- Import specific users that meet certain criteria based on CRM contact properties.
- Do not import users.
When importing users, Parlor will check to see if any matching user exists – either by email or external ID – to prevent duplicates.